Tennessee Out-Reach Center for Homeless Request for Assistance:

Because we have a small staff, it is best to contact us directly to request assistance. Please use the following form to reach us.

Request Assistance

An office representative will contact you as soon as possible. Again, we have a very small staff.  The number of requests we receive take time to process.  If you have not heard from us in 3 days, please contact us again via email.

If you qualify for assistance you will be asked to provide 3 things:

  1. A copy of an ID: Whatever you have will be fine. Please bring everything you have (ID, Birth Certificate, and Social Security Card) but you are not required to have everything.
  2. Proof of income. Whatever you have. You are not required to have income for us to help you with some things, but if you do have income we are required to prove it. Some things that will work are: recent pay stubs, a food-stamp letter with income on it, A proof of benefits letter from social security, if you started a new job a letter from your employer stating your pay, estimated hours per week, and a name and phone number of the person signing the letter.
  3. Verification of homelessness. Often the hardest. TORCH is required to prove you are homeless if we are going to pay anything for you. A letter from an agency or church stating that they are aware that you are homeless works best. If we cannot get this we can arrange to have someone visit you where you sleep (in your car or abandoned building) or camp and verify that you are homeless that way.

Please be aware that at this time, TORCH is only able to help those who are literally homeless.